-
January 22nd, 2007, 07:08 AM
#1
Inactive Member
New to the forum, and I'm sure this very question has been asked many times so I apologize in advance...
I am interested in making short super 8mm films that contain diologue. I want a camera that is quiet enough to allow me to shoot diologue scenes with an outside sound source (i.e a Marantz recording device) but also one that has crystal clear picture quality. I am willing to spend up to 1000. Let me know it this camera exists. Thanks a ton
-
January 26th, 2007, 11:23 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Well,
It's good to see someone post here after such a long dry spell.
For less than a thousand dollars you can buy the cream of the crop in Super-8 these days. Even though I've never owned one myself, I hear that Nizo Super-8 cameras are extremely quiet. You can also find Beaulieus and the top of the line Canon 1014 for that kind of cash.
Beware though; everything these days is not only used, but pushing 30 years old so you need to buy carefully. No sense spending most of a grand and winding up with something as functional as a brick! Try to buy from people who know what they are dealing with and capable of at least telling you up front if the camera works.
-
February 15th, 2007, 08:56 PM
#3
argusje
Guest
Recommend you buy a S8 sound camera these make less noisy, although you can no longer buy super-8 sound film. You?ll find them on e-bay. Recommend you check out www.film-project-consultant.net. Kodak no-longer sells the standard kodachrome 40 and not all cameras are able to expose the new ektachrome 64T correctly. Even 2nd hand Nizo are still quite expensive. Alternative brands are Canon or Chinon.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks